Years ago, when something easier was troubling me, I asked a mentor how I should handle my desire to renew that habit. Their response was brief and profound. The advice they offered was simply, “Follow it through.” I asked what that meant. My friend explained that I should use my memories to follow through the act of renewing that habit all the way to the point where I had decided to change the habit.
So, when you find yourself pining for your Narcissistic Ex, follow that feeling through. Examine all of the experiences, good or bad, and follow that train of thought right up to the point where the only choice was to leave the relationship. During that stroll down memory lane, you’ll be refreshing memories that both attract and repel you. If you are completely honest with yourself after replaying your mental tapes, you will once again conclude that you’ve made the right decision to leave.
Incoming search terms:
- do narcissists hate being ignored
- getting over a narcissist boyfriend
- does my narcissistic ex think about me
- why do i miss my narcissistic ex
- narcissistic ex boyfriend
- ignoring a narcissist ex
- how to get over a narcissistic ex
- no contact narcissist ex
- leaving a narcissistic relationship
- will my narcissist ex miss me
Continue reading Getting Your Narcisstic Ex Out of Your Mind593 words, reading time ~ 2:22 mins